Before the Patrol Cruiser Excalibur can launch, it needs a motor mount! The original design called for a number of extra tubes around the main motor mount - for aesthetic purposes. For this build, I used 29mm blue tube for the engine mount and discovered that I could fit 29mm blue tube couplers around the outside - and still fit within the flanged end of the airframe. Since the tubes were't going to actually touch each other, I used a laser cut jig to hold the tubes in place as I glued them in.
All 7 outer tubes bonded in place
For moto retention, I used an aluminium retainer - however since it was designed for a paper tube,
not blue tube, I needed to machine the inside slightly to allow it to fit.
A few minutes on the lathe and the retainer now fits. JB Weld will keep it secure.
A final dry-fit of everything, looking good!
And the final result!
Launched on a CTI J384 to 3611'
Dual Deploy using Missileworks RRC2. 36" drogue at apogee, 70" main at 500'.
Main released using a cable cutter for a perfect recovery.